New Jersey is the best state in the nation to see what 24 hours of recreational activity looks like, with Brick Township alone offering plenty for locals and visitors alike.
1. The first stop should be at one of Brick Township's many beaches, where beautiful ocean views will leave lasting memories among its miles of white sand. This destination is especially great for bike rides, walks, rollerblades and picnics.
2. Visit the Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial if you're at all interested in warships. The USS New Jersey was launched on December 7th, 1942 (the same day as the attack on Pearl Harbor). It saw combat in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. It was decommissioned in 1991, after nearly 40 years of service. Today, it has been converted into a museum.
3. Shop at the Levoy Theatre Antiques Mall. It houses over 60 dealers from all over the country, selling antiques from every era imaginable.
4. Visit Big John's Flea Market, and you can find both new and used items here for sale by dealers as well as individual sellers.
5. Practice Your Swing at Brick Township Park Golf Course if you're into golf, this 9-hole course.
6. Try Some Unique Pizza at Gallo's Pizzeria & Italian Grille. Their specialty is pizza made with dough that's 24 hours old - the result is a light and airy pizza crust with a delicious flavor. They also have traditional Italian cuisine on their menu if you're in the mood for something else.
7. Enjoy Live Music at The Stone House. The Stone House is a great place to go for live music, and they have a great outdoor patio to enjoy the music as well as your favorite drinks.
8. If you're in the mood for delicious seafood, make sure to stop by The Blue Claw Seafood Restaurant and Lounge. Their menu is full of classic dishes like ceviche, clams casino, and lobster bisque.
9. Enjoy a Night Out in Barnegat Light, New Jersey. Barnegat Light is the oldest house in New Jersey, built by Samuel Leeds in 1740 (he was one of the town's founders). It's also one of the most photographed lighthouses in New Jersey.
Brick Township is a fantastic place to visit if you want to experience all that New Jersey has to offer in one day. No matter what your interests may be, there's no shortage of things to do in this area.