Emergency chiropractors are often the first healthcare professionals to treat injuries after an accident. Here's what you should know about seeking care from an emergency chiropractor near you.
Have you ever been in an accident? Do you still have back and neck pain? Are you looking for ways to help with your pain, recovery, and relief?
You're not alone. In general, auto accidents are quite traumatic on the body and cause many different types of injuries. In this blog post, we'll discuss why chiropractic care is important to your body's recovery from an accident, as well as what to expect if you are in an auto accident.
Auto Accidents - What They Can Do To Your Body
Chiropractic care is a type of medical treatment that has been used for decades to help people with back pain, headaches, and other conditions. What you might not know about chiropractic care is that it can also be helpful after an auto accident.
Auto accidents are often traumatic to your body and can cause a lot of injuries. Your spine may be misaligned due to the whiplash effect, and ligaments can become stretched or torn if your seatbelt was too tight at the time of impact or leave bruises when you're thrown around the car and your muscles can spasm.
Here are some of the most common injuries that may occur after an accident:
Whiplash - This is when your neck or back jerks and causes joints to be misaligned. The injury can cause muscle spasms, pain in muscles, trauma on ligaments from impact, and a range of other symptoms depending on where you were hit.
Posture problems - People who are in an auto accident can experience a change in the way they hold themselves due to pain or other injuries, leading to posture problems like drooping shoulders and hunching forward. This will cause backaches because of strain on muscles.
Tension headaches - When your neck is misaligned, it can cause tension headaches which are usually a dull ache in the neck.
Neck pain - The whiplash motion could have caused your spine to be misaligned and lead to neck pain.
Stress - The reaction to the incident can lead to increased stress.
Severe injuries - It is possible that your accident may not have been minor and could result in serious injuries, such as a concussion or internal bleeding from impacts on certain organs like the spleen.
Herniated disk - If you were involved in an auto accident, you might have a herniated disk. A herniated disk occurs when the violence of the accident causes a rupture in the outer annulus fibrosus.
Permanent damage - A herniated disk can lead to permanent damage, even if it is not an injury you notice right away. It could be that your symptoms are too vague or delayed for them to show up immediately, but they will become more and more noticeable over time.
Anxiety - When the accident is fresh in your mind, anxiety can be an issue because of worry about what could happen next or fear of being involved in another auto accident.
Headaches and migraines - A recent study found that people who had been in car accidents are more likely to have chronic headaches or migraines.
Sleep issues - Being in a car accident can result in sleep problems such as insomnia, difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, or restless legs syndrome.
What Should You Expect After An Auto Accident?
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms after an accident, it's important to see a chiropractor as soon as possible.
Chiropractic services help treat and prevent any long-term complications from auto accidents, such as those mentioned above. It can also help you heal faster after an accident when it comes to neck pain or back aches causing tension, headaches, and migraines.
Chiropractic Care - Why It Matters After An Accident
Have you ever been in an auto accident and need emergency chiropractic care? Maybe your back or neck is sore, headaches are constant, or maybe even breathing isn't so easy.
The whiplash effect is a sudden, sharp rotation of the head and neck. It's caused by a rapid movement of your body in an auto accident. You might not even be aware that something has happened until you start feeling some pain in the back or neck area.
Auto accidents can be traumatic for both your body and nervous system. If the accident was serious enough, you might require chiropractic care to reduce these symptoms and correct what's been damaged. However, in some cases, the pain will persist even after normal injuries have healed because of misalignment or inflammation affecting joints.
Auto accidents can cause many different types of pain, including:
- Numbness or tingling sensation: this may be a sign of nerve damage which means you could have spinal cord injury and need surgery if left untreated.
- Swelling of the extremities may be a symptom of an auto accident, leading to blood clot issues that are dangerous if not treated promptly.
- Aches/Pains in Joints: These indicate a fracture or an injury to the scapulothoracic joint.
- Blurred vision: If you have blurred vision accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and any signs of suspected head trauma, go to the emergency room immediately as it may indicate more serious injuries like bleeding in the brain.
- If back, neck, or shoulder pain occurs after an auto accident, it can be a sign of a ruptured disc in the spine.
- Difficulty with bowel movements: Problems going to the bathroom or doing so too much could indicate internal bleeding and need medical attention.
- Dizziness and nausea are often related, but dizziness without a corresponding feeling of nausea is usually just due to a minor head injury. If the dizziness accompanies other symptoms, it may be something more than that, such as bleeding in the brain or another serious injury that will require potentially serious emergency room treatment.
- Loss of consciousness: Loss of consciousness is a serious emergency and should be taken seriously. If someone loses consciousness after an accident, they may have sustained a head injury, which requires immediate medical attention to prevent brain damage or worse.
- Paralysis: Paralysis can be caused by nerve damage and is often related to the severity of the impact of the accident. In most cases, you will need chiropractic care or physical therapy in order to reduce your risk of permanent injury.
What can a chiropractor do for you after an auto accident? When it comes to treating your injuries from the accident, they will typically be able to help with neck or back pain- which is common in car accidents - and sleeping problems, and other issues that may have resulted from being in a vehicle collision.
It is important to seek out chiropractic care as soon as possible after an auto accident because it can make a difference in the severity of your pain and how long you will need physical therapy or other treatment.
What Chiropractor Can Do to Help With the Discomfort After a Road Accident
Chiropractors can be helpful for any kind of injury, including after an auto accident.
One big reason to see a chiropractor after an auto accident is because it often takes days to weeks or even months before you notice symptoms that your body has never experienced before.
A chiropractor focuses on using gentle corrections of alignment and posture to improve joint mobility. For example, aligning someone with whiplash from a car accident is to attain the normal position of the joints by realigning them via manipulation or adjustment.
When chiropractors adjust your spine, they realign the spinal bones, so there is no interference from neighboring vertebrae or muscles. The spinal bones are lined up and stabilized in a position that allows for easier breathing and improves circulation.
Chiropractors vs. Physicians- Pros and Cons
- Chiropractors are experts in the spine and joint care due to an auto accident. They know how to reduce pain, inflammation, and stiffness that has been caused by spinal injury as well as related injuries.
- Physicians often diagnose and treat various conditions that may not fall within the realm of chiropractic care. This can lead them to misdiagnose you or provide unnecessary treatments that do not address the root problem.
- Physicians frequently provide diagnoses and treatments, such as prescribing medication or surgery, which might not be appropriate for your practice.
- A chiropractor will always take the time to assess your condition before any adjustments are made, which includes using the right technique or tool with each patient, depending on their needs. There is no such thing as personalized care with physicians and can include anything from a simple checkup to diagnosing symptoms like allergies or prescribing medication.
- One of the hallmarks of chiropractic doctors is their personalized approach. They take time to listen and figure out at what stage your body is in so that they can provide treatment tailored for you. For example, if you are going through physical therapy, they will talk with your therapist or physician about care as needed to help complement it.
- Chiropractors are different from physicians in that they contend with spinal adjustments called manipulations that restore proper nerve function and a range of motion by applying a controlled force through slight movement at the spine. Physicians only offer muscle relaxants, medication for sleep disorders, or anti-anxiety medications where appropriate after being evaluated by a chiropractor.
Auto accidents can be very traumatic, causing a variety of health problems. Therefore, it is advisable to take some time off from work and get checked out by your doctor or chiropractors in most cases. They will advise you on what courses of action are best for your recovery in terms of pain management and provide advice specifically for auto accidents.
It is important to get the proper care after an auto accident to ensure a quicker recovery.
What are the Treatment Options for Accident Related Injury?
Dr. Brett Tave offers various treatments for accident-related injuries, depending on the injury as assessed by his patient's needs and condition.
The treatments can include:
Therapeutic exercises - are recommended for neck, back, head, and shoulder pain - they involve stretching and strengthening the muscles. This will improve blood flow as well as reduce muscle spasms that may be causing discomfort.
Trigger point therapy is a method of applying pressure to the trigger points that feel tender or sore.
Traction - this is a chiropractic adjustment that corrects spinal alignment through manual force or an instrument, often used in conjunction with a neck brace or inflatable mattress.
Massage therapy - massage therapy can help loosen tight muscles and reduce pain, and increase blood flow.
Physical therapy can help reduce neck or back pain while restoring strength and range of motion. Physical therapy primarily uses ice or heat to the injured area to reduce pain. They are often followed by other treatments, such as massage and chiropractic care.
Osteopathic manipulation - This is done by applying pressure to the joints, which will relieve pain and inflammation.
Acupuncture and Acupressure - this is an alternative method of care that operates on the premise that a blocked channel may be to blame for some types of chronic pain. Generally, acupuncture involves needle insertion into certain points on your body, but acupressure has no needles and applies pressure in these same areas.
Medication - If pain persists despite the other treatments, your doctor may prescribe medication.
Surgery - if there is severe damage to your bones or organs, surgery may be necessary.
Why Choose Dr. Brett Tave To Give You High-Quality Chiropractic Care For Auto Accidents?
Have you been in an accident and are looking for a chiropractor to help with your recovery? Dr. Brett Tave is an emergency chiropractor near me that helped me meet all of my needs after an auto accident. He can definitely help you too!
Dr. Brett has years of experience working as an emergency chiropractor near Brick Township, NJ, which means he will be able to provide you with care to address any injury or condition that can happen after an auto accident.
Dr. Brett is an expert in his field and has helped many people recover after an auto accident. He makes sure to take a holistic approach to treatment, which means that he will address your physical pain and your mental and emotional needs.
He is one of the leading experts in his field and has helped many people recover after an auto accident. He makes sure to take a holistic approach to treatment, which means that he will address your physical pain and your mental and emotional needs.
Dr. Brett Tave is one of the best chiropractors in New Jersey. He has helped many people get back on their feet after an accident by treating them for all sorts of injuries, from whiplash to spinal cord damage.
Dr. Brett Tave is a doctor of chiropractic who specializes in treating whiplash injuries. So if you are looking for someone who can help you get your life back after an accident, then look no further!
Dr. Tave has been in the chiropractic profession for several years, and he is regarded as one of the most skilled and experienced chiropractors around.
He will also work closely with a treatment plan that works best for you so that you can resume your normal activities as quickly and painlessly as possible.
He can help relieve your pain after an accident by reducing inflammation and muscle spasm with adjustments to the spine that are gentle enough for all patients. Dr. Tave has seen many different people come into his office with whiplash injuries.
If you've just been in a car accident, seeing an emergency chiropractor near you is one of the best things that you can do for yourself. After an injury, the benefits of receiving chiropractic care are numerous, and it doesn't take long to see significant improvement.
If you've been in an accident and not had a chance to see your chiropractor, now is the perfect time for a visit. Remember that it's important to seek out care from Dr. Brett Tave, who specializes in high-quality chiropractic care for auto accidents after any type of auto collision. With several years of experience treating patients with car injuries and other types, his expertise will help get you back on track so you can heal faster and return to your life sooner! You don't have to go anywhere else - just call our office at 1-800-668-4111 or click here to schedule an appointment.